With summer coming this is a quick, healthy and delcious meal that you can prepare ahead of time or eat fresh. It’s full of fresh herbs, crunchy lettuce, slurry noodles and succulent chicken covered in spice. The only problem will be trying to not eat it all in one sitting.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tsp ground coriander or crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 serves of vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 carrot shredded/julienned
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 capsicum sliced
- Handful of fresh corriander, fresh mint & spring onions
- Handful of lettuce, sliced
- Maggie special sauce (found in the Asian aisle of your supermarket)
- Roasted peanuts, if desired.
- Coat the chicken in the spices and salt. Cook in frypan with a small amount if oil until golden and cooked through, leave to cool and then slice.
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes until cooked through and then drain.
- Prepare all fresh ingredients. Mix all together and drizzle with Maggie special sauce.